Employer: San Camillo IRCCS s.r.l.
Location: Venice (IT)
Salary: Gross annual salary: 21000 to 30000 euros, depending on experience. Benefit package: free access to private beach, full public health coverage, administrative assistance for newcomers, working time flexibility and possibility of remote/smart working, possibility of free/cheap on site housing, free/cheap on site hosting of visitors/collaborators/friends, welcome package with Venice transportation pass / Visitor card / City tour, free one-to-one or group Italian class, generous annual research allowance, travel/conference/training/IT, public transportation pass, cheap cantine (1.5E/meal).
Posted: April 21, 2020
Who we are
The San Camillo Hospital in Venice is a clinical and research center (IRCCS) accredited by the Italian Ministry of Health, devoted to the rehabilitation of neurological patients. Inpatients are primarily stroke patients, but also patients suffering from head trauma, multiple sclerosis, neurodegenerative disease, neuromuscular disease. Other patients with epilepsy, brain tumor, or mild cognitive impairment are treated as outpatients. Over the years, the San Camillo Hospital has been able to create a unique environment where clinicians and researchers work side by side with the common goal of improving the quality of life of patients with neurological problems. The team includes research-oriented experts in neurology, neurophysiology, radiology, physical therapy, biology and neuropsychology, who strive to optimise patient’s treatment using advanced technologies and instrumentations available at the San Camillo Hospital. The main clinical and research services that are offered are the following:
– Biomolecular profiling: analysis of biological specimens, like tissues, blood or urine, is used extract multiple molecule (gene, protein, miRNA) expression patterns for diagnostic and prognostic purposes;
– Brain imaging and electrophysiology: high-field magnetic resonance imaging, electroencephalography and magnetoencephalography are techniques that permit to study the structure and function of the brain, supporting the identification of disease-specific biomarkers;
– Treatments for sensory and motor recovery: advanced approaches for sensory-motor functional enhancement are based on robot-aided and virtual reality training, electromyographic biofeedback, nerve stimulation, noninvasive brain stimulation, and stem cell therapy;
– Cognitive testing and training: computerised testing tools are used for detecting attention, executive function and communication deficits, as well as for promoting their rehabilitation by favouring the creation of new associative patterns in the brain.
Whom we are looking for
We are looking for brilliant post-doctoral researchers with background in neuroscience, neurology, and engineering interested in working in the fields of translational neuroimaging, non-invasive brain stimulation, advanced neurophysiology, computational neuroscience.
You can apply to work directly/in collaboration with: Dante Mantini, Giorgio Arcara, Giovanni Pellegrino, Daniele Marinazzo (Ghent University).
Research activities are conducted in Venice and in collaboration with other internationally renowned partners (i.e. University of Padua, Leuven University, Montreal Neurological Institute – McGill University, and more).
You will have access to the following in-home equipment: simultaneous EEG-MEG (300+ sensors), 3T MRI scanner (Philips), hd-EEG (several systems, up to 250 channels), TMS (3 machines for all types of stimulations), tDCS/tACS (several, including high-resolution stimulation and simultaneous tDCS/EEG), near-infrared spectroscopy, two neuronavigation systems (optic and magnetic), eye tracking, BCI, instrumentation for simultaneous TMS-EEG and simultaneous EEG-fMRI, BCI and much more. In home genetic profiling will be soon available as well.
To apply, send a CV, brief research interest statement (10 lines is enough), as well as names and email addresses of 1-2 references to Dante Mantini (Scientific Director, email@example.com) and PI of your choice. Knowledge of Italian is an advantage, but is not required. The call will remain open until all positions are filled.
- Camillo IRCCS is committed to equal opportunity employment and seeks qualified candidates for all posted employment opportunities without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability or other status.