The Neuropsychology Laboratory brings together clinical care with the clinical research in the Hospital. The main areas of interest of the Neuropsychology lab concern the study and use of modern technologies for the evaluation and rehabilitation of cognitive disorders and related neuronal correlates in patients with neurological diseases of different etiology. The Laboratory is closely interconnected with the Neuropsychology Service, supports the research activity of other laboratories inside and outside the Institute and is supported by the facilities by the Hospital.
- Study of the interaction between cognitive deficits and neuronal substrates associated with different neurological conditions both on a neurodegenerative and cerebrovascular basis;
- Development of neurorehabilitation programs in order to improve the autonomy and quality of patients’ lives;
- Modulation of brain oscillations for the rehabilitation of cognitive deficits;
- Integration of cognitive rehabilitation treatments with modern neuromodulation techniques;
- Development of highly ecological telerehabilitation programs with particular attention to computing and financial skills;
- Scientific support for the harmonisation of cognitive protocols within Network projects, such as the IRCCS Neuroscience and Rehabilitation Network (RIN);
- Study of cognitive processes related to language production and evaluation of the effectiveness of specific training for language rehabilitation.